|MVC Treasurer's Report for 2016 Summer Business Meeting|
|Thursday, August 4, 2016|
|Eastern States Exposition, West Springfield, MA|
|Friday, 5 August 2016 (0800 hrs). Room: Seminar 9|
|Presented by: E. A. "Skip" Kazmarek (F427585), Treasurer|
|Summary of MVC Funds For 12 Months Ending June 30, 2016|
|Beginning Balance (7/1/15)||2523.88||6538.74||9062.62|
|Ending Balance (6/30/16)||1288.30||7990.01||9278.31|
|Income: July 1 to June 30|
|Expenses: July 1 to June 30|
|Rally Food/Beverages||-467.00||Beverages at Perry FMCA Convention (March 2016)|
Friday, August 12, 2016
INTO Board Meeting, at FMCA West Springfield, MA; Saturday, Aug. 6, 2016
1) It was reported INTO Treasurer, Jerry Sweeny had a stroke. So George Schemp (INTO Senior VP) gave an abbreviated treasurer’s report. $40,000- in checking; $15,000- in saving; & $38,000- in CD’s.
2) Budget for 2017 submitted and passed. $7402- in income; $7862- in expense.
3) Sr. VP Schremp said INTO Tallahassee Rally was a success. He planned for 200 coaches. But reduced that figure to 100 when response was slow. Ended up with 149 coaches and posted a $12,700- excess.
4) FMCA is trying to have a call center, in Oregon, where someone in New York can call at 9:00PM and get the phone answered “FMCA”. This would be a private individual member who has volunteered to try this out. This part of membership.
6) Housekeeping included appointing a By Laws Committee; Nominating Committee; and Audit Committee.
7) Sr. VP Schremp discussed the 2017 Branson Rally. Good response of folks signing up.
8) INTO officers were installed by Sonny Gillespie. Incumbent officers retaining office: David Kessler, INTO President; George Schremp, Senior VP; Dick Lowman, Secretary; Rodger Donnelly and Paul Mitchell, VPs. New officers are Carol Klenow, Treasurer; John McPherson and Sherie Targum VPs.
George Young, F408306MVC Temporary Delegate
FMCA Governing Board Meeting, West
, Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2016 Springfield MA
Governing Board Meeting started at 9am and adjourned at 12:28pm.
1) Biggest item was membership. FMCA ended July with 70,539 members. They lost a net 69 members in the last ten months of the fiscal year. The previous year, it was a net 3763 loss.
Biggest year for FMCA was 2004 when it peaked at 129,189. In ’08 3900+ lost; ’09 5800+; ’10 10,041; ’11 6400+; ’12 7200+. July was first month since “05 that we had a net increase——344.
Initiatives to build membership to continue. Barry Elk our contractor from MCA continues to work for us in this area. A lot of discussion on Barry’s advice to spend $250,000 on advertising on RV Village——expanding our use of social media to gain members. Use of social media is alien to many in the meeting;-) Percy Bell says, and I do not understand his figures, that FMCA will get back $234,000 of that with the expected membership income gain, where an average member stays for three years.
2) Some folks complained about the lower than expected turnout of coaches (less than 1100—did not hear an exact number) and blamed it on the venue—which is pretty nice. FMCA Sr. VP, Jon Walker’s response was that the GB had asked for new, more varied venues and
West Springfield was one
example of the result of that request. As is
for next winter. BTW, Chandler, AZ Chandler looks like
a very nice venue with lots to do in that west Phoenix area.
3) A $10- dues increase was approved with little discussion, effective Oct 1st, start of the new fiscal year. Big driver was the increase for FMCA Assist. Last year premium paid was $295,442 with claims paid out of $298,470. Two years ago there were 73 claims with an average pay out per claim of $4,089. Last twelve months, 57 claims with an average pay out of $6,487.
In the larger issue of insurance, use of golf carts, and the control of that use has become a big issue in risk management. And various measures in that control is an ongoing discussion.
4) Search for new FMCA executive director is ongoing. But President Charlie Adcock states the home office staff have done a great job in helping him pick up the slack in the meantime.
5) Changes in Standing Rules were approved, per listing in meeting booklet. As was the budget, again as listed in the booklet. Note budget approved was the one that took into consideration the $10- increase in dues.
6) Various committee chairs offered their reports. Again, as listed in the booklet.
7) Last item in the meeting, under New Business, Ken Carpenter as chair of the Long Range Planning Committee, proposed to update the Articles of Incorporation (written in 1973) as on file with the Secretary of State with the State of
FMCA incorporated in Ohio.
“To amend the purpose statement in the articles of incorporation so that
it is as broad as possible to avoid an overly restrictive constraint on FMCA’s
mission (which has evolved over time) and activities in serving needs and
expectations of members.” This proposal was approved.
Submitted: George Young, F408306
MVC Temporary Delegate FMCA Governing Board
Military Veterans Business Meeting
August 5, 2016
Meeting was called to order at 8:05 by MVC member
Milner (standing in for President John Lee).
The group was led in prayer by member Dellward Jackson followed by the
Pledge of Allegiance led by Gary Milner. Gary
Members Present: 30 members and spouses. See attached attendance sheet
Member George Schremp spoke to the group about the 2017 International Area Rally in
He encouraged everyone to attend. Branson, MO.
Gary Milner indicated that he was standing in for President John Lee who could not be in attendance at the rally. He shared all dues are suspended for this year; normally $15 for new members and $10 for renewal. This is done to encourage new members.
Gary Milner indicated that a Nominating Committee has been established to select the officers for the upcoming MVC election. The Nominating Committee is: Gary Milner, Roy Holt and Dellward Jackson. The committee is will be seeking candidates for all office positions.
Gary Milner summarized the electronic Treasurer’s report presented by Skip Kazmarek. The chapter currently has $9,278.31. Motion was made by Dellward Jackson, seconded by George Young to accept Treasurer’s report was read. Vote was taken and was unanimously approved.
Gary Milner indicated that the Audit Committee has completed their audit for the July 1, 2015 through June 30, 2016 bank statements, records of receipts and disbursements of that period and found them to be in compliance with customary accounting practices. No discrepancies were noted. The committee members are: Chairman, Shirley Clark, Member Mike Neighbours, and member Bill Dees. The motion was made by Sonny Gillespie to accept the report as read and seconded by Tom Hoffmeier. Vote was taken and was unanimously approved.
Sonny Gillespie noted the Pre-rally held by the Elks Chapter was poorly attended. He noted there were only 5 members present. His concern is that even our senior members of the organization are not in attendance. It was felt by the group that better communication of upcoming events would be helpful. It was noted that the Elks Clubs are very supportive of our American Veterans and members are strongly encouraged to attend.
A lengthy discussion about communication that is not getting to each member of the organization. It was suggested that maybe FMCA can possibly add a space on their enrollment for indicating if the member is a Veteran or not might be helpful. This would generate a notification to our chapter that a Veteran has just enrolled and we can seek their enrollment in MVC. It was suggested by George Young that we might want to look at changing or modifying our Bylaws to include a position for VP of Media. That position responsibility would be to communicate to all members of the Chapter. The discussion led to the possibility of using an additional communication avenue of RVillage as a way in which to communicate to members. It was noted that the current enrollment for that group is only 16 members, therefore members need to enroll to participate in further discussions and communications with the Chapter. It was also noted that the MVC enrollment form might need to include the best way in which to communicate with member, i.e., e-mail, text or mail might be needed.
1. Dellward Jackson was asked to become the Chairman for the Nominating Committee and he was duly elected. It was noted that elections for the vacant positions will be held in
in July 2017. It was noted that members
need to be notified of exactly what positions are open for election. Indianapolis
2. Discussion on setting the pre-rally as a post-rally due to the July 4th weekend involved. A Wagonmaster is also needed for that event.
3. A member indicated that he went to the vendor booth for US RV and received a 10% military discount. Members are encouraged to see his booth and thank him.
4. Dellward Jackson gave a summary of the Governing Board that was held on August 3, 2016.
a. Because of the membership changing, i.e. the sales projections changing in the market for recreational vehicles, that FMCA is looking at establishing a separate Corporation for Towables. This process could take 3 or more years; therefore, the discussion is just starting.
b. FMCA membership dues will be increasing effective 1 October 2016 to reflect a $10 increase to $60 annually for all members. This increase is largely due to the increase cost of FMCAssist. Currently claims are exceeding income. Currently FMCA membership is over 70,000; July noticing a 344 membership increase. Even with those increases, funds are needed to sustain this valuable benefit. Large discussion indicating that the funding for this benefit is coming from interest gained for our investments.
c. Pat Bennett indicating that she would like to see members salute when the Pledge of Allegiance is given in all venues. This is a teaching tool for others to note who might be Veterans and/or Active members of our military. She indicating that she had stars from flags that had been retired for anyone that might want one.
d. RVillage is teaming up with FMCA for a communication avenue for all members. Currently RVillage is experiencing over 300 new members a month. It was noted that the “new generation” of communications has become a great communication device for everyone.
e. Discussion about the upcoming dates for
Chandler is for
Adjournment was taken at 9:50 a.m.
Thursday, August 4, 2016
The deadline to register for the Minot Pre-Rally has passed. Remember, the campground changed the deadline from July 10 to June 10th. A ma...